So past week we finshed up our bible study on Psalm 1... It was great...
My favorirte verse from this Psalm is;
" he is like a tree planted by streams of water which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither whatever he does prospers."
I really enjoyed reading Jeremiah 17:5-8 .
I have a really hard time with"time" i am very impatient and we read something that taught me that there is a time for everything!!! Check it out Ecclesiates 3:1-8,11.
The bible has been such a eye opening experience being able to read it and then have people that I can turn to if i have questions or i am struggling with something.Just this one bible study has taught me so much in dealing with everyday life. ( i can see that the next bible study is going to be helpful to me as well, but i am getting ahead of my self.)
There was a poem used in our study called I stand by the door by Sam Shoemaker... I liked it, it just reminded me that no matter how far in get into Christ I need to help others find there way too...
In week 6 I opened my eyes to see that God is mercyful and he can rain a raft like no other!!! I read 1Samuel 15,31 and cause of the wicked deeds that were done he told them to destroy everything!!! What really shocked me was the killing of infants! It was very mind blowing that someone who shows us so much mercy even though we sin daily could have shown such coldness.
1 Samuel said to Saul, “I am the one the LORD sent to anoint you king over his people Israel; so listen now to the message from the LORD. 2 This is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy[a] everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’” 1 Samuel 15:1
Another powerful chapter that i read during the bible study was Matthew 23... "Clean the inside then the outside will be cleaned" Matthew 23:35...
one of the last chapters we were to read was Hebrews 11... It was filled with people of the book and what they did by faith!!
The last chapter we read was Romans Chapter 8...
Romans 8;35-39 list what cannot separate you from god and you know the 1 word that sums that up for me is NOTHING... NOTHING can separate us from our maker!!!
This study was awesome. I am so glad that i started going, it has gotten me though a bunch of stuff and I am so thankful for everything God did and does for us...
As i was thinking of something clever to say to end this post this song poped into my head... I think it sums it all up!!
1 comment:
Biblical times were harsh, although I think that same harshness is going on now we are just more desensitized to it.
Post a Comment