Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My week....

WOW, i cant be believe its been a week since i left my house it went by sooo fast!!! i accoplished a few of my goals for the week but not a lot... LOL..I had a great time... I got to spend time with great people that i miss.. and got the great food.. took a few pictures and got to see some fish that were caught but didnt get to go fish!!!. Tuesday i left out of the fort, and got to my dads..we had to rush over to the park for my dad to fry some fish for the family reunion... It was awesome the fish was!! Gretchen is a true HAM bone... She loves attention.. CRACK UP... Weds. our friends came into town which these friends are more like family then some real blood family... Sharon and Jerry (aka muffin) are great people I LOVE THEM!!!Dad and Muffin fished every single day and almost every single night!!! This is partly the reason i couldnt go.. ( no one to watch miss mae and i couldnt keep her on the boat that long..) The other reason i couldnt go out fishing with miss mae is because it was FREAKING HOT!!!) I mean like HOT HOT!! I dont even know what to say to decribe how hot it was!! expcet when the temps got to 99 people were jokin we were havin a cold front and need to get jackets!!! thrus some more friends came in... friday gretchen had a drs appt... and let me tell you, it did a number on her and me... I am NOT one to cry or get upset when my little one is upset, just not that type of person... We went though her 1st shots with no tears on my part or anything... Now gretchen goes to the Indian hospital cause well lets be honest its free for us (me and her) to go there....So her appt card said 8am lab and 9am dr appt... I guess i just didnt really think what LAB meant when i read it. So we go in and reg to say hey we are here.. and they send us over to the lab, so we walk in and 2 girls are in there and they are expecting there 1st little ones they were doing the nasty sugar  test.. We chated for a few and they asked questions (it was funny to be the one answering questions instead of asking) anyway they called gretchen's name and we go back and sure enough the chair of pain was waiting for us!!! They were taking blood from my little girl!! Really i mean at 13 months we are taking blood!!! CRAZY!! So i sit down and place her on my lap, they are looking for vains in her arms!!! WHAT?? Really again her arm, not like her hand or foot or something!!!so they check her right arm nothing really that great, then they check the left arm and nothing really that great but there is something.. So they decided the left arm it is.. They have me hold her right arm and her body.. they stick her arm with the needle no blood is coming out!!!! WHAT THE HELL!! and then this is when i think i am going to cry and throw up at the same time, they START MOVING THE NEEDLE IN HER ARM,TRYING TO FIND THE VEIN!!! ok they do this to me cause i have"rolling veins" I know that is freaking hurts!!! like i am in tears when they are done type pain and they are doing this to my little 13 month old girl!!!She is screaming like i have NEVER heard her scream before!!! I was just about to say ok try something else cause this aint working and they get blood!! I was ready to be done!!  I mean i was almost in tears but held it together cause i am in a public place and need to be strong for miss mae... So we walk out of there and go down the hall to the waiting room for the drs. I fill out a questionnaire to see if she is behind in anything, and learn that she is no slacker when it comes to social and motor skills but communication is slacking compared to the others. I mean she is out of the gray area but in the others she scored 60s and 55, and in communication it was like 35... So we need to work on that, the dr said nothing to be worried about..So we see the dr she gets weighed and measured she weighs 20.9 pounds 50% ... and she is 30 1/4 inches tall and 75%.. So it has been confirmed i have a tall skinny girl...LOL after talking with the doc. the nurse calls us into the shot room... WHAT REALLY TAKE BLOOD AND SHOTS!! yes, thats just whats about to happen!!! She got 4 shots one in each limb!!! She wasnt happy for a few mins and then was over it... She was fine with no problems till we go to leave to the park, she starts getting cranky i give her more meds to help with the soreness and pain... seems to help and then we get to the park and sit down to eat she eats very little and is clearly not feeling well, this is a girl that craves attentions from others, i mean total attention hog.. and show off..all she wanted was to be held and to go to sleep!!! It was the crazy!!! We left and went home early... She needed rest!! So saturday was the big family reunion day with games and prizes gretchen was feeling a little better but not much, BUT we stayed home...I failed to remember to pull the car seat out of my dads truck the night before and he went fishing that morning before i woke up!!!! Oh well we had a nice day at the house to ourselves...Then had a fish fry at home when everyone came home....on sunday Sharon and muffin had to head to the house in MO, Gretchen was VERY upset that muffin had to go and i think given the chance she would have left with them... She got very attached to muffin... we hung out the rest of the day and today monday we came home... Now our next adventure is going to be a little longer, I am hoping to go back to my dads for 2 days this weekend and then head to st charles,il to see my hubby!!! If i dont head off to see him i will be going in 2 weeks!!! so we will see.. Well i post pictures later...right now i am off to bed!!! its 1am!!! Goodnight

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey girl! Love that picture of Gretchen in the header up top! I totally know how you feel with the whole taking blood thing. When Haley was born, she had a little bit of jaundice so she had to get blood taken like 3 times...at 4 weeks old!!! The same thing happened at one of our visits, they couldn't get enough blood from her (I mean, how much blood could she give when being that small???). They tried the veins on both arms and the tops of both of her hands! Let me tell you, I don't get upset very easily, but I thought I was going to have a breakdown! I actually had to walk out of the room for a minute (good thing my aunt was with me!) and pull myself back together because I couldn't stop crying. I finally told myself "this is my daughter and she needs me". So, I went back in there and held her hand and sang to her while she was getting poked all over the place. Finally I had to tell the nurse to go get the doctor because I didn't want them to do it anymore. So they decided they would just work with what they had. I thought the whole thing was a bit ridiculous!

Crystal said...

I am just getting around to catching up on everything - sorry to hear about the shots and lab - we have been there and it is terrible. It won't be the last - hang in there.