Thursday, May 17, 2012

Potty training....

So potty training is sooo not fun... Gretchen does not care for stickers, a new toy, mom acting a fool or any other type of praise, i have even offered to give her a birthday cake if she could go 1 whole day.. Nope she doesnt care.I think what makes me the most for a lack of better word mad is that before Gunner she was doing wonderful. She would pee and poop in the potty she did this not for just 1 day but for a full week. She only had to wear pulls up when she went to sleep, and i was 100% fine with that. Then one day she woke up and went and sat on the potty got up and peed while standing in the living room. So i asked her what happen? and she down right fused to go to the potty, wear underwear or pull ups. She would pull the pull ups off as soon as i would put them on her and it was just not fun. So me being almost ready to pop and really not having the energy to fight her i gave in and allowed her to have her diapers back.. ( my fault i know this) Now she has NO interest in the potty. I had hoped that she would be potty trained before 2 then after that came i figured shortly after, then before Gunner got here and now im looking at her 3rd birthday as a dreaded goal date again. I just dont understand it.. I feel like a failure as a parent i mean come on i have a 2 year old that is calling the shots. So defeating..  As a experiment i let her run free, I made a little area for her that had a waterproof pad and had her drink and crackers everything she could want. I wanted to know if she knew what it felt like before she had to go.. So i sat there with a timer ( i had her pee in the potty when she got up ) I also wanted to know how long it was taking her before she had to go again. So after 18 mins she gets up and tells me she needs to poop and then pee I said ok well lets go to the potty, She says no and trys to put on a pull up... I make her go to the potty and she pees. So i praise her give her a sticker, and let her play the Im a big kid now app. She seems happy and excited so we do it again.. Then 20mins go by 30mins and now she is sitting on the floor crying, Gretchen why are you crying i want a pull up why you can go to the potty right here. No she doesnt want to too. So i make her anyway she sits there for 45 mins and barely goes. like a drop and then i said ok yay all the stuff prior and then she goes into the kitchen and stand there and pee!! WHAT THE HELL!!! So what do you do.. I try not to freak out but i do get upset with her cause she knows what she is doing. I am really trying to figure out what the deal is!! yes it could be regression cause of gunner and he wears diapers but she is not treated any different then she was before, I mean she still gets all the attention from me, She may have to wait a little bit longer but i still make the time to play with her. So i dont know what to do. I have pretty much given up for now. Maybe she will just wake up 1 day and start peeing in the potty... ****SIGH***


No comments: