Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Gretchen Mae

15 months!!! WoW... Thought i would write a little update about her.
She has grown sooo much... Its amazing to me to think back to the newborn stage and see where she is today.
She is deffently becomming her own person. Its amazing to see how indepented she is. If the food she eats requires a spoon or a fork she HAS to use it. She gets VERY messy and Bentley loves those times cause he gets the dropped food. She is very testy. We spank in this house, We just do. I was raised that way and david was too. There is a difference between spanking and beatings. There are no warnings its NO and spank. after she knows she isnt to touch or do whatever it is she is doing then if she does it again i ask her if she wants another spanking and wait for her response now its not like yes or no even though she does say YA. YA to the question all the time. normally she gets another spanking even if by the time i get to where she is she is not doing it.. I always laughed at my dad cause he would tell me stories of my grandma having to spank him like 5 times a day if not more. Now I dont think its funny!! Well i kinda still do... Gretchen has him beat by a few... She is getting better to know what is hers to touch and what is not hers to touch. We still have a few that are daily problems like the dog food and water and the TV remote. but other then that we have for the most part established what is hers to play with and what is not. When we go out places she is very good. I cant tell her NO and she knows that i mean NO . not yeah you can touch it but dont play with it but NO. She is still learning and testing the boundaries and daily tests me, and thats ok. Thats what childhood is. She is very smart, she knows what things are that are in the house and you have to be careful not to say BATH cause if you do you are giving her a bath. She is running to the door stripping down as she goes. She loves bath time.. Right now Grandpa is staying with us and she LOVES it. ( i think he does too). I think we will all be lost when he leaves after thanksgiving.Gretchen has decided to be slow with her talking. She says some words but not a bunch. Her motor skills are great. She is running and almost jumping,and she bounces. She is completely off the bottle and has been for about a month. I really think she would have been off of it sooner if i would have just taken it away. The bink is still use but ONLY at night night time. I think i am ok with that for now. We are going to start potty training any day now i just have to remember to buy the potty. I have been to walmart 3 times and have walked right pass them and totally forgot.  Hopefully by her 2nd birthday we will be potty trained enough were only pull ups are required at night time. She loves to play outside and right now with all the leaves on the ground she loves to crunch though them. She is still extremely noisy, She HAS to know what is going on all the time. Everyone says she comes by it honestly... and that she comes by being ornery  honestly too... All must be traits of her dad... ;) She still sleeps with us and i really dont mind i just wish we had a bigger bed.... She only likes to cuddly if she is tired or not feeling well.. Her favorite person is ME. The best part of my day is when i come home from work and i open the door and she sees me she has the biggest open mouth expression that i have ever seen.. I love it.. I really want to try and get a picture of it!!! She eats everything!!! I really havent found much she doesnt like. She is not a big sit down and eat a big thing of food girl. she is more eat small meals all day long... LOL... Well she will be waking up anytime and I need to get a few things done before she attacks the house and all that dwell in it!! LOL

I LOVE HER MORE THEN ANYTHING!!!













No comments: