Monday, January 18, 2010

Going on a journey...to the tune of going on a bear hunt...

I am going on a journey... yes when i wrote that i said it to the tune of going on a bear hunt... you know the kids book... anyway back to the journey.....

So i read a blog called when a duet become a trio... I really enjoy reading her stuff, she seems very real to me... So the other day she announced that she was going to start a journey for all of her faithfuls to go on with her, after i read it i have to say i was like yeah whatever i dont think i am will be going on the journey with her but then this morning after reading my morning blogs i have decided that i am going to TRY and go on the journey with her... Whats the journey you ask, well to read the bible in 1 year.. I have NEVER read the bible, i mean i have picked it up and skimmed though it,but truly i dont think that it was made for that.LOL. Now dont get me wrong i have TRIED to read the bible but after about 5 mins i get bored and dont want to read anymore or i find something on TV to watch... So this is going to be very hard for me, WOW i feel bad saying that, am i really that much better then god that i cant take time out of my day to read the bible!!! I THINK NOT!!! So i am going to try, I am hoping that i will be able to stick with it cause I am not doing it alone but we will see... Who knew that blogging would help me find a better relationship with the lord... I know i never thought it would, but after hours no days of praying for stellan, and reading mckmama and then finding Lindsay (owner of duet becomes a trio) I have to say i pray WAY more then i use to and not just cause things are going wrong in my life or i am asking for something, well wait now that i write that i have to say i dont think there is a single time i have prayed that i dont ask for something, protection and guidance has been the 2 things i have asked for quite a bit lately... Anyway if you want to come on this journey with us head on over to THE JOURNEY that will explain it all... So wish me luck and pray that i can keep up on this journey and i dont get left behind!!!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

I have tried to and Genesis is hard to get through - a lot of begot's in it - sort of like family history only a little more dull. I think I will be joining in too. Maybe together we can survive it until it gets more interesting. We hit on different stuff at Church, but not like reading from front to back. My aunt used to read it every year.

Duet Diva said...

Ashley-
I am so thankful that you are part of The Journey. I know that reading the Bible in its entirety can be a daunting task. Trust me...I feel ya on that one. We can do it girl. Together we can!

Much love to you:)

Adrienne said...

So my freshman year in high school out of bordem and nothing more I read the entire thing...I have faith in God and not in man and I would like to know what all happened and why it seems there are many scare tactics that were interpreted from the likes of King James...I believe in many miracles and the birth of Christ but for my guidence in life I feel the 10 commandments are the only way to go ...Maybe I should reread with less of a historian nature and more faith!