Gretchen Mae had her 4 month checkup appt today!!!! She is growing and growing... She weighed 14 pounds 8ozs and was 25 1/2 inches long!!!! Her head was 40 1/2cm
.... Her weight is a little bit above avg. her head is avg. and her height is way above avg... I dont know if they do it based on thier birth weight what avg is or not but thats what she told me and the little graph she gave me shows...LOL She said that she liked her muscle tone and that she is pushing up really well and her rolling over skills are wonderful and that she is a little ahead in devolpment if she is rolling over from her back to belly... But thats the 1st way she ever rolled over so i dont know about that... She gave us the all clear to start cereal and baby foods for dinner.. BUT i think we are going to start cereal for breakfest and cereal for dinner.. She was given the ok to have 2 ozs of juice so thats great... I am going to have track her feeding and her sleeping pattern to figure out what time she should have her breakfest and what time to have her dinner... I mean i know when she is hungrey and when she isnt but i have never really put it with the clock... I just know when she is going to nap and going to be hungrey... LOL... her little legs are hard at the site of the shots but it doesnt seem to bother her.i did give her two doses of tyenol last night she was just very needy and fussy but nothing to bad... She did kinda freak out when dr tuggle examied her...She did ok untill she laid her on her back and started pressing on her belly and what not then she kinda freaked out and needed mama...we had to do the rest of the exam with her in my lap. The doctor said it was normal for her to be that way. It means she knows who her mama is and that shows brain function.She told me that she is going to start perfering friends and people she knows over strangers.. Thats all well and good but the problem is everyone is a stranger. She isnt around anyone else enough to know anyone else other then me and david... So this will be interesting on how this plays out... I really didnt want a shy child so we are going to have to figure something out.. I wasnt a shy baby, i loved people and being around people... So will be brianstroming on this for a the next few days...I asked dr tuggle about the eye sleep gretchen gets in her eyes and that it happens all day and that david has the same problem and she told me that its cause her eye duct isnt fully funtioning and that if it has gotten right by the time she is about 9 months old we will need to look into eye duct surgrey... I dont think its something that we will explore unless they can show me something other then just being annoying with having to clean your eyes out more then others... Other then that i have nothing to report from the drs... Her next appt is in january...
1 comment:
Gavon did terrible with his shots this time - I need to write an update about it.
Post a Comment