Tuesday, July 14, 2009

WOW!! Motherhood!!

I know its been awhile since i bloged, a lot has happend since the last time like now i am a mom of not only a baby boy (bentley the dog) i am also a mother to a beatuiful baby girl!!! Gretchen Mae made her apperence at 12:56am on saturday July 11th,2009 whole 17 hours and 5 mins behind her older cousin Gavon!!! It has been a rough up hill battle trying to get things in order and figure out what the heck i am doing!!! They say everyone is a 1st time mom at some point but WOW its hard!!! I feel like i know nothing.. The more i research stuff the more i become conffused or irrateied cause its not working the way it is suspose to!! I am hopeing that by this weekend we will have a handle on what is going on and what is normal and what is not!! Its crazy how parnethood can change someone overnight!! I was thinking about it today with how much David has been helping me He has really came though and been a huge help!!! I dont think anything can prepare you for the role of a parnet except being one.. I wonder if guys feel thrown into it, we as mothers have around 40 weeks to get prepared and have things change with us so its like ok things are going to be different but I wonder if guys have that or its like ok i woke up today not a dad and now i am going to sleep a dad!! I mean in no way i am down playing the role of a mother and the changes she goes though but stoping and thinking about how much david has been there for me since we had the baby and the way he has handle things made me ask myself do they just throwen into something that they either sink or swim kinda!! Back to gretchen news she is a really good baby not a BIG cryier she does cry but not just all the time THANK THE LORD she sleeps very well and eats from the bottle wonderful my breastfeeding has kinda taken a back burner to the forumla my milk has started to come in and they hurt and so when she trys to attack my boobs and then just to let go and not get a good latch it hurts.. I think i am going to explore the pumping route a little more in the next few days...I got a pump from my sister and it is VERY loud... I dont like it that much at all.. So i think that i am going to get me a different one.Gretchen mae has her 1st drs appt tomorrow at 140pm cant wait for that...well i am sure that when i started writeing this at 2 something in the afternoon i had a game plan of what to write but now that it is almost 8pm here i think my train of thought has left... Maybe we will start over tomorrow...

2 comments:

Crystal said...

It doesnt get any easier with a 3rd - there are still the things that you have to figure out on your own. Relax - do what you want to - there is no right way.

Anonymous said...

YOu just have to let your mom intuition lead the way =) love her, feed her, keep her clean and the rest is call adventure