Saturday, July 18, 2009

1 week

Well Gretchen Mae is 1 week old today!! She was awake with me last night as her birth time rolled around.. LOL She had some breast milk and i had a bite of choc. cake..LOL.. Breastfeeding is going a little better but now she isnt pooping.. not sure what is going on with that. Thinking about going to the hospital.. Not sure what else to do. She is peeing wonderful but no poop for going on 3 days, the last one was enough to fill up 2 diapers. So i am not sure what is going on with the poop.. Her belly button stump freaks me out still, I am afraid i am hurting her when i change her diapers and it hitting the little stump, Last night it started to show a little red blood when it rubbed against something, and then i saw there was a yellowish creamy looking stuff behind it, it is starting to come off, I havent touched it, i figure i should just leave it alone! I am having a hard time leaving her alone when i hear her stirring and she is laying in her bassinet alone. I feel better when she sleeps with me but with david and the dog in the bed too its not happening..I have so many papers to go though and sort i know i got a thing from the hospital and shutterfly and i know i got a coupon for a free pack of diapers from diapers.com... Gotta hunt them down and check them out... I need to get my anouncments out but not sure what pictures i am going to use... ***BIG HEAVY SIGH*** Oh why does breastfeeding make me so sleepy!! I swear i get her latched on and its a race between me and her to see who can fall asleep the fastest..LOL Went to the pediatricians office on weds that was a joke and a half i felt like i was in a clinic downtown... I was not impressed at all and when we were in the room the doctor came in and asked a bunch a question and then had a phone call and left for 10 mins... came back in and tossed and turned my daughter around like a rag doll her head was flopping all over the place it freaked me out and before i even said anything david had already read my mind!!! My bottom half is started to feel MUCH better and not so sore!! On a better note I love my little girl so much!!! I love to hold her and just look at her!! I cant believe that between david and i we made this beautiful little girl...She is great.. She doesnt cry a lot only when her mother has a moment of not know what the heck to do, or that i am slow with getting my boob or the bottle to her or she has a dirty diaper.. She sleeps very well and when she wakes up she just looks around and smiles and grins.. Its so cute.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Breastfed babies normally poop with eah feeding - call the doctor. If your supplementing quite a bit - bottle babies poop less, so look at how much of what she is getting too. Find a doc that you like - some are just more rough than others. We see 3 different ones at the office we use and they are all very different- it is a husband and wife and another partner.
I just got all that stuff out too and started filling out papers and getting momentos put away.
I used to cry out of pure joy and happiness at how gorgeous our babies turned out - I guess I still do sometimes, but it is always more emotional with your first.

Crystal said...

I don't think the cord hurts - I clean Gavons with alcohol pads with each diaper change - I used to use betadine, but it will stain their clothes.