Tuesday, March 31, 2009

FAMILY REUNIONS

Well I was channel surfing the other night and came across little people big world, they were having a family reunion...It got me thinking about them...So i just started looking online and found some sites that help you plan them... Ok so i have been to i think maybe 1 family reunion (well thats what they call it) Its at a park anyone really shows up and we eat and talk but pretty much stay in our little clicks of people we know...So i never knew there was a whole different way to have family reunions i mean they are crazy ideas from just normal one day to a whole week long cruise.. The one site has ideas for a family newsletter which i have seen before in other families i think they are cool. I think cause i am just a nosey person and like to know what is going on with people.LOL... Anyway i was wondering do people really have big nice family reunions anymore or is it lost in the craziness of everyday life.. My families are hard to put together family reunions for. My moms side i think had their last reunion in 1984. I wasnt present for it i was was in the womb. My dads side of the family has reunion in September,but its really for anyone who wants to show up... Davids family i have no idea about.. I have never heard david mention going to a family reunion, the closest thing i have heard from him to a family reunion was 4th of julys at his uncle jackies house..I would love to have a "real" family reunion. From my experience family is a touchy subject and they always feel like you are stepping on toes and what not..but oh well.. I dont really know why i wrote this blog, i think lack of things to do right now... Here are the sites i found if someone stumbles across my blog looking for family reunion stuff.. I hope this helps..
http://family-reunion.com/

http://genealogy.about.com/od/family_reunions/a/planning.htm

http://www.spritzels.com/party/reunion.html

http://www.familyreunion.com/

http://genealogy.about.com/od/family_reunions/Planning_the_Perfect_Family_Reunion.htm

No comments: