Why do people think that just because i want to have a home birth i am a hippie and against vaccinations ,vegan,homeschooling,pro breastfeeding,tree hugger and all this other stuff.. I mean i have nothing against any of that stuff, my sister has done all of that so to me its just another way of life...
I am pretty much just like the rest of the people that have babies i just want to have mine at home, i would go for a birthing center but the oh so great las vegas doesnt have any...I hate hospitals i think they are dirty and full of germs and the smell just kills me...When david's mom left the hospital here 3 years ago i said to myself i will not be back in another one of these hospitals in las vegas, unless someone is dying and guess what i havent, i have been in 1 hospital since that day and it was because my mom died and i had to get my dad... Maybe i dont like hospitals cause i associate it to death... I dont know i just dont like them they make me truly sick to where i feel like i am going to throw up...Not all hospitals do this to me, I go to the Indian hospital in oklahoma everytime i am there and i feel fine. With this homebirth I am willing to go to the hospital IF i have to, and If i lived 30 mins away from a hospital i wouldnt be having a home birth, but i dont live 30 mins away i live like 5 mins away from 3 hospitals... I know that Margie my midwife is more then qualified to deliver this baby, She has been attending home births since 1982.. Has had hospital and home births herself, She has screened me and i do all the test that everyone else does.. If she sees ANY problem AT any time, i will be sent to the hospital... He transfer rate is 2%, The majority of these transfers are because the mother gets tired and says ok thats enough i am ready to go to the doctor..... She has handled alots of medical such as dystocia, VBAC,Maternal hemorrhage (this is one of the ones i was most concerned about),retained placentia, the cord wrapped around the babys neck (the other i was concerned about, mine was wrapped around mine 4 times) the most she has seen is 6 times she told me that the baby did have a hard time but she did a little resection and the baby was fine,the list goes on... The baby and myself will be since by a doctor within 48 hours, those are margies rules... Not only do i trust her, i am not going into this uneducated, i have been reading book after book, with tons of advice and when no matter what you need to go to the hospital...
So on to my next rant Vaccination
I believe that if you put your children in school or they travel they should have shots, Will i vaccinate mine? YES!!!!! I dont really have anything to say either way, i mean some woman feel they dont need them some feel they do and some do the ones they want... I plan on traveling and going to places with my children and i want them to be safe...
Breastfeeding? I wasnt breast fed, i turned out fine, I am going to breast feed, Yeah i am going to do everything possible to be able to breastfeed, I think that its a good bonding tool and I just want to do it... I have nothing against people that dont breastfeed.
Vegan... all i can say to this is HAHAHHAHAHA me a vegan far from it, I hate vegetable it is a chore for me to eat them with meat let alone thats all i am eating... Once again if you are a vegan cool more power to you... My sister was one for a very long time.Its just not for me!!!!!!!!
Homeschooling, I would love to home school but i dont think it will happen, I know i dont want my children going to school here in vegas.. I went to school here and i hated it, i know school is school no matter where you go,but i dont want my kids going to school here, If were are still living here when they go to school ( which it wont be happening asap we are getting the hell out of here) i would home school them till i couldnt anymore and i would work 2 jobs for them to go to a private school... I want my kids to get a education, i dont want them to be pushed though the system...
Against guns?? Yeah right once again couldnt be more off.... I was raised hunting and fishing, I have pictures of me sitting on my dads lap in the middle of the woods in diapers on top of a dead deer.... I will raise my kids the same way... I was taught to hunt for food not some trophy on the wall although i love getting those trophy's... We eat everything we kill and if we dont we give it to someone who will... I dont just shoot an animal just cause i have a gun in my hand.. and there is a list of animals that i wouldnt kill unless they were coming to attack myself or family...I started carrying a gun (bb gun) when i was like 3 or 4...
So once again i really am a normal person just wanting to have a home birth... thats its nothing weird about me.. I think i am pretty normal, maybe not your normal girl that was raised in las vegas but when my biggest influence in life was my dad, i am just your normal country girl that wants to have a home birth...
Sorry guys for my rant just had to get it off my chest....
1 comment:
Quit worrying about what other people say about home birth - yeah there is some dangers - but people have babies in the back of taxies too. There is a birthing center in Ft Smith.
Our hospital has a seperate labor and delivery - and is at the far end of the hosp - so it really doesn't seem like it is in the hospital.
Come read my charming kids - she is out there but she is herself and is kind of cool - even though I really don't see things her way most of the time. Also nienie on my blog has done homebirth and tells a wonderful story on how she prepared and the birth. Plus she was in a terrible accident last year and we have all rallied around her since.
Just be yourself - your cool.
Post a Comment