Tuesday, February 2, 2010
A day of rest is what i need
A day of rest is what i need and i am having today... My lower back is killing me, and gretchen and bentley need some play time.... So whats been going on here has been a lot and then nothing at the same time... Our house is almost all packed up... We have to pack our bathroom and the kitchen and then David has to do the garage... We have about 2 days of packing left... My dad was going to be headed this way TODAY but with all the crazy snow that plastered the South.... So he will be headed this way next weekend...We are going to get our packing done and then go sight seeing, I relized there are things that i would like to see and have pictures of in case its a while before i come back!! I started writting this at 10 am this morning and its now 12 hours later and i am finally getting back to writting. We ended up packing a little not too much but a little... David is going to go to work tomorrow for the day.. Its cash money and we are not going to turn down the money..LOL... Today with the lite packing going on i got to play with gretchen a lot more then i have been, She is growing up soo fast its very cool and sad at the same time!!! She will be 7 months in 10 days she has yet to get her 6 month shots..(I hope i can find a better dr for gretchen in OK then i have here) She is crawling around (when she wants to and ONLY when she wants to) She sits up like she has been doing it forever... She LOVES sweet potatoes and corn, She is not a fruit eater or carrots, She will eat a little of them both but not like she eats all the other stuff...She has tasted most of stuff that we eat.. She is still toothless!!! Which is hindering her to eat more of our food scramble eggs and stuff like that.. I have decided to stop trying to parnet by the book or what other people tell me, I just do what i want with her.... I read about starting soilds and not to let her have peanuts till a year but then i read that now they think that the allergies may come from not being exposed to food till later, so i called up my dad and some other OLD TIMERS and the answer i got was my kids ate whatever we ate and they are fine... So she has tried peanut butter and seemed to be fine no werid side effects on things that i think oh it might have a allergy i take a picture of her before giving it to her and if i see anything to raise alarm i have something to judge it by... She has had two bumps and brusies, one on her eye and one on her head she was rolling around rolled off her matt she starts out on and smacked her head on the hard wood, I watched her and she is fine... She is still sleeping in bed with us and yes i know i should break her of that but i like that she sleeps with us and when she gets older she will start sleeping in her own bed, it will be more of a fight i know what i really dont care. She falls asleep in her swing EVERYNIGHT and then gets transfered to our bed, ( i know prob not good either but oh well) She loves her walker she cruises in the walker all over the house a plus of having wood floors and title in the house.. She likes her jumper still but has out grown her bouncer seat,She is VERY VERY long, in her walker she is tapped out it cant go any higher its kinda funny, I am hoping she will be walking before she figureds out how to climb out of it! She still uses her paci's but we are going to be cutting the use back more and more till its only used for naps and bedtime... She is much much more vocal now.. She trys to copy some sounds that we make she says mama but i am not 100% convinced that she is saying it to me i think she is just saying it.. She is KINDA sorta making a ddddd sound but thats it... I have looked all over every store here to find a tag blanket or something that has tag on it but havent found anything maybe a walmart or target in OK or AR will have one! Well i think thats about all that i have to update on... I am really excited about getting a new place to live... I am excited about living close to family but in a werid way more excited about getting a new place to live... Oh yea and i had to get a new computer, my crashed out or something i dont think i lost to many pictures maybe just a few... I got a ACER with windows 7 on it... pretty cool but i think it will be cooler when david gets a new computer with windows 7 on... I havent really had time to play on it that much but maybe in a few weeks i will.. Well i think i better be going gretchen is awake and ready to eat and have a little playtime before bed...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
glad you are resting packing and moving are the worst... I am also happy to hear you just go with the flow with Gretchen...she will be fine. I am also happy to hear she is getting big and doing big girl things ...love her bunches they grow so fast and you will miss this
Taggies.com has stuff, I am worn out from just moving from one room to another - can't imagine moving across country.
As far at the table foods - I hope it all works out well - mothers know best. Some of the women that take their kids to gymnastics with Alli have little one that are on table foods and do fine.
In my opinion - I will be holding off on the allergen prone foods until a year - there has been research done and as a nurse - I believe it was not done in vain and don't wish to take a chance on it. We have enough allergies in this family - not going to puch my luck.
Hope your journey here goes good - it's a freaking long way.
Post a Comment