Monday, January 4, 2010
can Disappointment = enlightenment?
I have to say i am feeling a little disappointed lately and i have had to reevaluate why i do certain things in my life... Like why do I bend over backwards for david, well because I love him and I most of the time get it back in return in some way from him... Why do I go out of my way and do little things for people cause I like to help people... but the things i couldnt figure out until i sat and thought about them was why did i start to blog and why did i start a shutterfly page... I know they seem like little things but i spend a LOT of time on my shutterfly and my blog... When i started this blog it was really cause i was using myspace and other sites for bloging and my sister in law had a blog over here and this just seemed like a better way to record my thoughts and for people to read them.. So after having this blog for about month shy of a year... I have realized something people are not as interested as I guess i am in other peoples lifes... I mean I love to get on the computer and head over to Crystal's,Adrienne's or even someone i dont knows blog and see that they have posted new posts... Its great to read about whats going on in peoples lifes at least i think so... I think its soo funny that people can spend hours and hours on social networking sites like Facebook or Myspace and give thousands of short messages but to go to a blog and read whats really going on in that persons life is to much of a hassle... and then i think why did i start a shutterfly account well to store pictures and to see my sister inlaws pictures... but then i relized the fun and potential that a shutterfly share account could have that i could share pictures that i have with my friends and family... So i work very hard on my shutterfly account and take the time to upload photos and send people links and then i have my faithful followers that come to my site every week and i soo thankful for that but i want more... and what really erks me is when someone ask about pictures of gretchen or a old picture of the family, i tell them they are on my shutterfly account... they responsed with oh thats to hard cant you just post them on facebook or something... Really how in the hell can you use facebook but not use shutterfly??? Am i missing something i mean i really dont think its that hard but maybe it is for some hell i dont know... So after condiser all of this i have decided that i am going to blog for ME... My blog is going to be my dairy, If i am having a bad day it will be told in my blog.. if i am having a great day it will be told in my blog... If david and i are fighting then guess what you will be able to read it in my blog.. I have heard about turning your blog into books so yesterday i looked into it and it looks like a great idea... So this blog will be turned into a book for me to look back on in years to come and for my daughter to be able to read when i am dead and gone and see what day to day life was like for me!! Now my shutterfly i feel like i do for other people i mean cause really i have the pictures so putting them in some fancy layout with stories behind the picture is really for others not me... So i am going to cont to put my time and efforts into it cause i enjoy it and i know there are a few people that enjoy going to the site and looking around... I mean i seriously LOVE to go to my friends sites and look at the pictures and the work that they put into it... So I guess this is my warning to all my blog reader my blog is going to get personal, its going to become raw and its going to become my real life!!! I am excited to be able to share my ups and downs with my readers... i am little nervous of criticism and what others will think when they step inside my real everyday life but i will say this... I love my life.. Yes there are moments that i hate my life but everyday i love... I love david no matter how much we fight, i love my daughter no matter how much she fights me to go to sleep or to eat or well anything... at the end of the day i know my life could be so much worse and i am thankful for what i have!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I put the shutterfly/blog comment in the wrong section - it was suppose to go here. ooopppppssss
I feel like throught hte blog and shutterfly I have gotten to know you ...Crissy is like my sister we grew up together and It is nice to know all the rest of her family because I think of it as my family as well. I enjoy what you write and I follow both blogs ... Love your family and continue to strive to record these things for Gretchen... I will be checking out the shutterfly more this week I spent a lot of last week cleaning =)
First, your baby is a doll! Second, I've always thought it would be weird to leave comments for people I don't know too! But after thinking about it, that's how we start to build connections with people who are at the same stage in life as we are. So I say let's bring on the comments! We can feel weird together =D hee hee! And I know what you mean about Shutterfly. I have a Flickr account that I think NO ONE sees, but it's okay... I'd rather them read about my life and my cutie pies! And you'll find it so gratifying to blog about YOU. I have. Even on my tough days, it's good to let it all out in words. Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment