Well I have decided that we are going to have our own thanksgiving at our house... Small turkey, stuffing, pies,green beans and mashed potatoes... Wish me luck i have never made thanksgiving dinner before in my life!!! Always had my dad to do it or we went someplace for thanksgiving...
Off topic but have you ever been doing something and then look at your kids and think to yourself i never knew how much i could love someone till you came..... I have these moments with gretchen and bentley all the time!!! I love my little family very much and my extended family... I am working on a thankful post for thanksgiving day...
3 comments:
You really should make your own family dinner - it is YOUR family and YOUR first Thanksgiving as a mom - this is one of those times that will be memorable and bloggable - remember when I said to look for things to blog about or make your own when there is not something happening - make it happen. I know how you feel about loving someone so much - I remember when Alli was new and I would cry just looking at her - it is not as emotional when you have more than one, but you still find yourself staring at them and thinking about it
If you get a small turkey - you can crock pot it. Depending on when you want to eat - if it is thawed - put in on high for 4-6 hours and watch it - turn it on low when it starts falling off the bone. Read up on food thermometers and get one to make sure the center is one enough if you are not sure. Put a can of chicken broth and a can of cream of something soup - like chicken or celery or mushroom to keep it moist and have a gravy for the rest of the meal. It is ok if the turkey is not submerged in liquid. Put some seasoning on top - like salt pepper and garlic or rosemary and try not to open the lid much. It is really easy - I know you can do it.
One more note on turkeys - check inside it for the giblets - cooking it with them inside is not a problem unless they are in a plastic baggie - some companies put it in a baggie so it can all be pulled out at once - giblets are the organs like liver and the neck of the bird. You can make giblet gravy with it - I usually feed it to the dog.
Post a Comment