Thursday, July 23, 2009

Feeding news

I got my pump today!!! Thank the lord!!! I got it all cleaned and then while gretchen was sleeping and swinging next to my bed i sat in my bed and pumped.. What a difference a pump that works makes!! I got about a 1oz off both sides... and it only took me about 20mins instead of 30-45mins for less then 5 drops..LOL... we are getting the latching thing down a little better.. I know that i shouldnt be using both a bottle and the breast,but its the only thing i know to do... When she is screaming crying cause she wont latch on right and my nipples are throbbing in pain the bottle is a godsend..I figure at least this way she is still getting breast milk...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just caught up on all of your posts =) The pics are sweet...I am glad the belly button fell off and that she is pooping normal now. I am sure all will be fine you seem to have a handle on it and I am happy you have a good pump now it makes a huge difference =)

Crystal said...

I saw the ped today with Gavon - he says that they poop less with Breastmilk since it is mostly all absorbed and that just little bits at a time is ok and that if they are strictly breastfeeding and you have been feeding for some time that they may not poop for a couple of days - because they are using it all.

Hope this helps you as much as it did me.