Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saving Money!!!---How i need to change...

So my sister-inlaw seems to be a very good sale and savy shopper. I was just visiting her blog and stumbled across http://www.5dollardinners.com .... I went to the site and started looking around... I have NEVER been one to look at prices or cut coupons, when i say NEVER i total and truly mean i dont recall one time i have ever used a coupon.. That been said i have had good intentions of usiing coupons i have sat on a sunday morning and looked though the ads and cut coupons and put them in a neat little stack into a envolpe and set them on the table... Then about a month or even longer sometimes as i am cleaning a desk off or searching though papers i find the coupons and toss them in the trash cause they have expired. Oh well i say to myself and move on with my day. I dont recall ever seening my parnets use coupons either.So I think the reason i have never been a coupon cutting and USEING junkie is because i never needed to. Its always been just me and my husband, no kids. We have always had the money and i have never thought twice about the price of a package of hot dogs... I am a stickler for name brand. I WILL only eat a name brand ALL BEEF hot dog. I will only drink anderson dairy 2% milk,or the way more $$$ kind that you have delivered to your house less then 12 hours from the cow..Canned food i am the same chef boyardee is the only way to go.. green giant, bushes baked beans even though i dont eat beans david does.. Hormel chill. Bread the same way WONDER bread or some other NAME BRAND.. Its bad i know.. Well in our current econmony, and davids lack of work we have changed a few things canned veggies are all the same and bread as along as its soft we will eat it... Still coupons are not my friend, not cause i dont want them to be, just we dont understand each other...Which I hope that someday soon we do come to a understanding cause now more then ever do we need to save money, Now that its not going to be just David and I and we will have to be buying diapers and wipes and all the stuff for a baby. Oh it makes my head spin, plus we have to save our money for our move that will be happening by March of next year...

So back to my orginal train of thought... On this site she talks about using savings at walgreens, I have also seen crystal post about this have not figured it out yet(lack of trying to i think) and the same with CVS..The site says USE COUPONS its the new COOL thing...So it gives sites that you can print coupons off your computer and use, my question DO THESE REALLY WORK??? and HOW DO THEY WORK??... I have this huge fear of coupons, I dont want to be the lady that i seem to always get behind when i am in a hurry that has about 500 coupons in her hand and only half work and the other have she wants to stand and dispute why they wont work and when the cause is because she got the 25oz jar instead of the 15 oz jar she request that the poor bagger run and get the right size...Then there is its not the right store.. I just dont like to be embrassed so it is kinda scary to me.. I know its dumb...anyway I have gotten distracted like 15 times while trying to write this blog, Between the phone and David and the dogs i have decided that my trian of thought is lost and i have to leave it "as is" if it comes back to me i will post more, but for now back to surfing the net....

1 comment:

Crystal said...

They have a barcode and the register recognizes it. Start out just using the coupons for stuff you use - it defeats the purpose to use coupons for stuff you don't use. Read the coupon before you go - I make a list(yes it is work) and write down the value and the lowest size acceptable and how many the coupon is good for. Like it may say 35 cents of 2 cresent rolls or 55cents of Hunts tomato sauce 5oz can or larger.I get really organized before going to the store with a list - I also make the list from the layout of the store - back to front - knowing what is on each isle. I am also a stickler for some name brands - but I try the cheaper ones and compare - sometimes it is the same and sometimes not. You have to put some effort into it.